Many of the creations that automakers present at the SEMA show never make it to production, much less ever see the light of day after the event. Toyota, however, is dedicated to presenting the public with vehicles that will serve a purpose long after they've been admired by the crowd. Take for instance, the 2012 Camry Pace Car, which the Japanese automaker displayed at its booth not long ago.
The finely-tuned Camry variant is set to make automotive history as it will be the first non-American-made vehicle ever to pace the Daytona 500. And with such an important feat in the vehicle's near future, it only makes sense that Toyota would fit it with some incredible upgrades to ensure that it can tame the contending racers on the track.
Camry improvements include:
- BBS RS 8.5 x 19 wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric tires
- TRD stainless steel exhaust
- StopTech Big Brake kit
- Tein adjustable suspension
- Four-point Simpson racing seat belts
- Custom roll cage
- Whelen LFL Liberty LED lightba
- On-board fire extinguisher